Sudanese gang force Police to admit to “a problem”

by Avi Yemini

A spate of violent armed robberies within 45 min in Melbourne by a Sudanese gang force Victoria Police to admit to “a problem”.

Six thugs robbed people on the streets of Burwood and Clayton, striking two victims with objects on Wednesday night.

A 25-year-old local man was struck in the face with an object in Clayton at 7 pm.

Police believe the same group were then involved in another two robberies in Burwood, where another three offenders of “African in appearance” joined the trio.

At 7.35 pm on Uganda Street, close to Deakin University’s Burwood campus, another two victims aged in their early 20s were assaulted and had their phones, computers, wallets and other items stolen.

Then about 10 minutes later, three youths from the same group of offenders assaulted another man with an object, stealing his possessions and fleeing on foot.

The victim, a 32-year-old man from Burwood, sustained minor injuries and was assessed by emergency services at the scene.

Less than an hour later, police received reports of a suspicious vehicle on Merrick Street in Keysborough, about 20 kilometres south of where the robberies occurred.

Officers from the Public Order Response Unit located the group close by and chased the group on foot, arresting three men aged 17.

The men are currently in custody assisting police with enquiries and are expected to be charged with armed robbery related offences.

The remaining three men involved in the robberies are still on the run.

Acting Superintendent Mark Langhorn said “youth crime is alarming” but avoided any mention of the offending race.

Sudanese and Somalian immigrant gangs have been terrorising victoria for over three years, but the Labor Government and Victoria Police have made a habit of refusing to name the problem.

You may also like

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Close Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy