Last week TR News launched the SupportAvi.com campaign. Thank you to everyone who has already contributed to my defence fund.
As promised, this is my first update on the proceedings.
The case has been adjourned for a mention on the 6th of November, 2019.
I am pleading not guilty to ALL five charges.
The charges and allegations are:
1. Stalking; for attending polling booths that I was a candidate at.
2. Breaking the electoral act; for allegedly handing out how to vote cards within six meters of a polling booth.
3. Breaking the electoral act; for allegedly “intimidating” an opposing candidate within 100 meters of a polling station.
4. Using a carriage service to harass a persons; for livestreaming my political campaigning online.
5. Assault; for allegedly holding my phone too close to another candidate.
As not to hinder my defence, I cannot comment further on these charges or the ludicrous allegations.
I have engaged with a top legal team who are confident they can beat down these outrageous charges. However, I need your help to do that.
So far, my legal costs amount to almost $15,000. Without your generosity, there is a real chance I will go to jail. Unfortunately, we live in a system that makes you pay for justice. Because I’m not unemployed, because I’m not an illegal economic migrant, and because I’m not a terrorist, I will receive no financial assistance to fight this case in the courts.
I want to thank Tommy for setting up this campaign to help me fund my defence.
My next court appearance to answer these trumped-up charges is on the 6th of Novemebr at Melbourne’s magistrate court. I’ll continue to keep you posted on all developments as the proceeding progress.
For now, if you can help me in any way financially, no matter how big or small, you will be my lifeline.